Friday, March 9, 2012

From Here to There...Transportation Fun

This week we learned all about transportation!  All of our center activities and theme activities were based on different types of transportation.   We learned about sailboats, cruise ships, cars, big rigs, planes, helicopters, trains, submarines and many more types of transportation this week!  Check out my and Mrs Holcomb's (Kindergarten Khronicles) Transportation Theme Unit on TPT! You will receive instructions, pictures, and materials on how to make all the cute forms of transportation you will see in this blog post!
During Center time, we had so much fun!  We even got to drive real toy cars around for a few of our centers!  Check out all the fun we had...



I have NO clue how to flip a video....so sorry about the crookedness!
They had to set the timer for 10 seconds and see how many cars they could get to the stop sign.  The next picture is the recording sheet for this fun activity.  I am pretty sure we didn't always use the timer correctly..we're still learning. :)

 










Working on handwriting.  They had to drive around town and write the words they saw.  Then they had to write a sentence about it.















Writing transportation sticker stories.



The next few pictures are of our class creating the background for our transportation mural.  I forgot to take a picture of the final product! :(  The kidrocks drew and colored different types of transportation and put them in the correct spot.   It turned out so cute!  I will try to post a picture soon!









The next few pictures are from our PTO program.... thanks to all of you that came out and supported us!







If you liked what you saw, you can buy my transportation math and literacy unit here!
If you liked all the theme activities, visit Anna Holcomb's TPT store here!

Also, check out my newest unit.... In the Garden!

7 comments:

  1. your units are so fun and creative! I was wondering if you could tell me what units you would be coming out with next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks so much! I will be making farm, zoo, insects, dinosaurs, and ocean/beach for the remainder of the school year and then I will add more at the beginning of next school year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most heartwarming thing I could ever see. If you could see their smiles you would feel their happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie
    I just found your blog -- it is soo cute! I teach first in CA. I love your Heli chopper words so much!! COme visit me - I'm doing a lucky 300 giveaway at my blog.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your blog and all your great ideas and sharing. I wanted to give you the Lovely Blog award. Go to my blog to see the rules.
    Thanks
    Tonia
    mrsvento.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is so stinkin cute!!! I am your newest follower!! Come visit my blog!!!

    Brittany

    Little Miss Teacher

    ReplyDelete