Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like CHRISTmas...

   Merry CHRISTmas!
            Ahh..it's my favorite time of year.  Something about the Christmas season is just so magical to me.  Besides the fact that the little kid in me loves gaudy Christmas lights, hot chocolate, The Grinch, and of course, Santa himself...Christmas means celebrating the birth  Jesus...I don't know about you, but the fact that He saved me from my sins is magic enough in itself. :)

             The following pictures are activities from last week's small group, intervention, math, and literacy centers.  Enjoy!

Small Groups and Intervention
Using fun Christmas Erasers for ISF practice.
Reading color words to match Rudolph's nose.

Putting number ornaments in order.
Matching numbers with number words



 Math Centers

Roll the number word cube and write the number on an ornament.

Read the number on the tree.  Count out and color the correct amount.  This is the first time we've worked independently with tens frames.  We were a little confused about what was expected.

Measuring Ornaments

Count the ornaments on the tree.  Find the matching number and number word.  Write them and color the ornament.

My Little Ornaments book...students write correct number and color the correct color.


Literacy Centers
Pocket Chart Story


Find, trace, write Rr.  Draw a picture that begins with /R/.



Pick a tree.  Find the matching pieces.  Say the sounds and write the letter.
This was a bit difficult for a lot of my friends.

Pick a tree.  Find the matching ornament by saying the sounds.  Write the word.
This was also a little hard since the tree and ornament didn't match.

Art Center



AND....the coolest Christmas fun.... HUMONGOUS Christmas pens from the Dollar Tree
The kids LOVE them!


Keep an eye out for the fun Christmas ornaments we made to go on our class tree! I will also be posting this week's centers as well as our Christmas Around the World book...it so much fun, you wont want to miss it!  The kids absolutely LOVE it!  

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your station. Do you make your own sheets? If so how can I get a copy my children would love these activity.

    Nimcdaniel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete