Friday, November 18, 2011

Fabulously Fun Friday!

Today we had our pow wow and Thanksgiving "feast."  A local group came and shared lots of interesting things with us.  We got to see some REAL Native Americans all dressed up.  We also got to look at cool artifacts and do a fun snake dance!  
 
This guy was really awesome!  He travels and competes doing Native American dances.  He made everything he's wearing!


Snake dance


 
We also had a feast in our classroom once the pow wow was over.  Since every child has to buy a lunch, we ate our sack lunches and made pumpkin pie and butter.

Making (or attempting to) butter
We sang this little song that I made up off the top of my head:
Shake, shake, shake
Shake, shake, shake
Shake the butter!
Shake the butter!

Making mini pumpkin pies in a cup






Thank you so much parents for joining us!  You have truly been a blessing this year!  I am so very thankful for each of you as well as your sweet children!

Happy Thanksgiving!


And a very exciting side note...I am starting grad school in the spring!  I am excited but a bit a nervous as well.  I am going to UAB (University of Alabama at Birmingham) and getting my masters in ESL (hopefully).






No comments:

Post a Comment